The J. Walter Porter forum is an effort to translate the textbook into practice by bringing capable, successful business executives to the campus to speak on selected topics in their area of expertise.
The forum is sponsored annually by the School of Business and made possible by the endowment established by the family and friends of the late J. Walter Porter. Mr. Porter was interested in improving the image of business as a career field for college students.
- 2018 Theme: Leadership and Empowerment: Time’s Up!
- 2017 Theme: It’s Not Business As Usual.
- 2015 Theme: Enron and Beyond – What the Rise and Fall of this Fortune 500 Company Should Mean to You.
- 2014 Theme: Insights into the Game of Life… Critical Lessons
- 2013 Theme: Business and the Current Economy: Trends and Outlook for the Future
- 2012 Theme: Economic and Community Development
- 2011 Theme: Louisiana Entrepreneurship – Developing Small Businesses
- 2010 Theme: The Haynesville Shale Natural Gas Discovery
- 2009 Theme: Cyber Crimes and Security
- 2008 Theme: Turbulent Times
- 2007 Theme: Business Insights
- 2006 Theme: The Achievers
- 2003 Theme: Exploring the World of Business