Faculty Advisor: Ms. Diane Mobley
Beta Alpha Psi
Founded in 1919, Beta Alpha Psi is an honor organization for financial information students and professionals. There are over 300 chapters on college and university campuses with over 300,000 members initiated since Beta Alpha Psi’s formation. All of our chapters are AACSB and/or EQUIS accredited. We are not a fraternity or sorority but an honors organization.
The purpose of Beta Alpha Psi is to engage with members, industry and educational institutions associated with the Beta Alpha Psi Professions to:
Motivate, recognize and celebrate academic excellence
Facilitate workplace readiness, employment, credentialing, mentoring, networking and lifelong learning
Foster a commitment to ethics, service, belonging, and environmental, social, governance-responsible practices
Advocate for the benefits of education, practice, credentialing and partnering associated with the Beta Alpha Psi Professions
Support the shaping of the relevant and successful evolution of education, practice and credentialing associated with the Beta Alpha Psi Professions
Beta Alpha Psi will shape the financial and business information professions by developing members into ethical, professional, and confident leaders.
The mission of Beta Alpha Psi, the premier international honor and service organization for financial and business information students and professionals, is to inspire and support excellence by:
- encouraging the study and practice of accountancy, finance, business analytics and digital technology;
- providing opportunities for service, professional development, and interaction among members and financial professionals; and
- fostering lifelong ethical, social, and public responsibilities.
As a member of Beta Alpha Psi at NSU, you will be able to:
- participate in campus and community service activities;
- make presentations at local high schools and introductory college classes, as well as at annual and regional meetings;
- develop professional friendships and relationships through various networking activities;
- interact with professionals and future professionals from whom you may later wish to seek employment;
- develop strategic contacts and relationships with faculty members who can provide good potential job sources and references.